It's True! There's a Book Signing in Memphis!

All my Memphis and North Mississippi friends 
are so invited!
Holly Joyner's House
(Holly's my beautiful granddaughter!) 
115 Walnut Creek Road
Cordova, Tennessee 38018
 
Saturday, August 18, 2012
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.


There is no more familiar place to me than Memphis. It was my town for many years. Like my coming-up trip to Clarksdale, going back to Memphis is always like going home again. I have so many ties to the old Bluff City.



My son and grandson are there! Sleepy head! This kid is amazing. Both of them are! They have lived in Midtown for well over ten years, almost as long as we've had Harrison, who is now thirteen! Where did the time go?










And, my granddaughters are there with their lovely families, which makes Memphis Town special, indeed.

This is Nichol and hers!












And this is Holly and hers!



So you can see, coming to my signing in Memphis will have lots of bonuses!





I won't be able to call names and put up photos of all the friends from the past, but I do want to mention a few.  We have about five people assigned to contacting friends from the past, the main one in charge... Karen Armstrong Corbitt. Thank you, Karen! I may be ahead of you by now, so get moving! My daughter, Angie, who lives down here in FLA near me... Tarpon Springs, has her own list and I hope she's working it!

Thanks to all of you who have said . . . "YES! I'LL BE THERE!" We can't wait to see all of you.

Oh, yes! For all of you Memphians who love running into celebrities  . . . we will be able to accommodate that, too! Just the next best thing to Elvis! Be sure to click on the hot button below to see this handsome face.

Now, before you laugh, this photo was taken on my 50th birthday just a couple of years ago . . . to be exact, twenty-two years ago. Joey might have changed a bit since then!


JOEY HADLEY has been our friend since he was sixteen years old. That was the year my husband led him to Christ. He was always like one of my kids. Except when I hated him for handcuffing me to my own refrigerator after eating breakfast that I prepared for him (and using only real butter, which he required). In fact, he was a big brother to my three little girls when they were growing up. Joey was the 1971 National AAU Middleweight Champion, a great boxer, a great guy. He is retired from the Sheriff's Department in Memphis, and he's had his own business for years where he teaches boxing techniques quite possibly the likes of which you may never have seen. Here... take a look for yourself. HADLEY'S BOXING !

You may even hear some singing at this book signing. There is a hope of seeing not only Joey, but Gerry Marcum, Keith Haney, Marta Hazelgrove, Bill Cropf, and many other friends from the past, who are terrific singers.

And . . . my hosts will serve light refreshments. Please come!

Jane Bennett Gaddy, Ph.D.
Trinity, FLA









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was dead of winter...

Bringing Honor to the Clark Legend!